- MANTA Software
- IQOE Newsletter #7
- Tyack, P.L., J. Miksis-Olds, J. Ausubel, and E.R. Urban Jr. 2021. Measuring ambient ocean sound during the COVID-19 pandemic. Eos 102, https://doi.org/10.1029/2021EO155447. Published on 04 March 2021.
- Mooney, T.A., L.Di Iorio, M. Lammers, T-H. Lin, S. Nedelec, M. Parsons, C. Radford, E. Urban, and J. Stanley. 2020 Listening forward: approaching marine biodiversity assessments using acoustic methods. R. Soc. Open Sci. 7:201287. http://dx.doi.org/10.1098/rsos.201287
- IQOE Newsletter #4
- IQOE Newsletter #5
- IQOE Newsletter #6
- Workshop Report: Guidelines for Observation of Ocean Sound
- IQOE Arctic WG Poster at OceanObs'19
- IQOE Poster at OceanObs'19
- IQOE News #3
- IQOE News #2
- Introducting the International Quiet Ocean Experiment
- IQOE Inventory of Existing Standards for Observations of sound in the ocean - 6 April 2018 Version
- Version 2--Input of References on Effects of Sound on Marine Life to United Nations
- IQOE News #1
- IQOE Science Plan--The Science Plan has been approved by the Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research and Partnership for Observation of the Global Oceans. The Science Plan is available at
Appendix II of the plan is a compilation of assets for observing sound in the ocean. IQOE will update this information as new information becomes available.
- Joint Workshop Report--IQOE co-sponsored (with the International Whaling Commission, the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the U.S. Office of Naval Research Global, The Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research, and the Netherlands Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment) a workshop on Predicting Sound Fields, held on 15-16 April 2014 in Leiden, Netherlands. The report of the workshop can be found at
JOINT WORKSHOP REPORT: PREDICTING SOUND FIELDS—GLOBAL SOUNDSCAPE MODELLING TO INFORM MANAGEMENT OF CETACEANS AND ANTHROPOGENIC NOISE. 15-16 April 2014, TNO- Gorter Building, Wassenaarseweg 56, Leiden, Netherlands
- Oceanography Magazine article--The idea of an international project on sound in the ocean and its effects on marine organisms was first explored in a meeting held at the University of Rhode Island on 27-29 October 2010, suggested by Jesse Ausubel and funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation. Participants at the workshop agreed that a major research project should be formed. The ideas were summarized in an article in Oceanography magazine.
Boyd, I.L., G. Frisk, E. Urban, P. Tyack, J. Ausubel, S. Seeyave, D. Cato, B. Southall, M. Weise, R. Andrew, T. Akamatsu, R. Dekeling, C. Erbe, D. Farmer, R. Gentry, T. Gross, A. Hawkins, F. Li, K. Metcalf, J.H. Miller, D. Moretti, C. Rodrigo, and T. Shinke. 2011. An International Quiet Ocean Experiment. Oceanography 24(2):174–181.